[TowerTalk] inverted L tower mounting

aa4nc at aol.com aa4nc at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 12:00:13 EST 2008

I want to upgrade antennas for 160m from my current inverted vee @ 115'. I'd like to put up an inverted L to get some vertical plus horizontal polarization for DX and domestic contesting. My situation is that the only two supports that I have are towers. Most everything that I've read says this doesn't work well, however I've seen some guys do it.

I'd be interested from hearing from anyone who has had good luck mounting a 160m inverted L on standoffs from a grounded steel tower. The guys are broken up with insulators and I have 2 towers to choose from - 90' with 10/15m yagis and 130' with 20/40m yagis. The towers are 110' feet apart.

73 / Tnx,

Will AA4NC