[TowerTalk] Crank up Tower

Larry stowell lclarks at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 14:25:47 EST 2008

My friends I take acceptation to all this crankup tower "stuff".

I have a 75HD Aluma tower, if it "lawn furniture" I'll invite the elephants over to sit. I could not
afford to have a 75ft tower erected and do not have friends to help as I had just moved from out of
state. Nor did I have or want guys at ground or elevated. So that left me with the only option in a
crank-up. I Looked at US towers and was quoted $2500 for shipping(this was before the Mid-west
shipping). I installed the Aluma by myself and used the "ground post" so no concrete, its been up
for 7 years with a C31XR for 2 yrs and now a 4el SteppIR. I crank-up and down depending on the
weather and for maintenance( it tilts also and power winch for up and down).

I no that there are several different models in the Aluma line so its not fair to say that the whole
line is "weak".

73 Larry K1ZW