[TowerTalk] Lightnig Arrestors at tower base or house entrance?

Glenn Thorne gathorne at traer.net
Mon Feb 25 12:03:06 EST 2008

I've seen descriptions and pictures of installations where lightning arrestors were installed in a weather proof box at the tower base and others where they are at the house entrance.  Which is better?

I plan on having the coax shied grounded at the top of the tower, bottom of the tower and at the house entrance.  But where is the best place to put lightning arrestors?  The run from the tower to the house will be about 30 ft. and will be buried.

Thanks,

73, Glenn/KD0Q