[TowerTalk] Force 12's Falcon J-6

Alain Michel opalockamishabob at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 22:46:12 EST 2008

Hello All,

  I'm new to ham radio. I'm very interested in hearing more about this rotatable dipole. Currently, I've got a 204' G5RV "flat top" up about 35' and am pleased with it's performance.

  I was wondering if anyone on this list [or knows anyone who has one] can give me some reviews on how well it performs; EHAM currently has zero. Current plans are being made to place it on a 20'-30' mast and attach same to the eave on the east side of the house. A small tv antenna rotator will take care of that chore.

  What is the best way to attach a 2" mast to the eave? We've lived here for over 10 years and the winds will gust to 80 MPH. How should I [or should I?] guy the top 10' of the mast?

  My wife and I have over three acres of property, but we are in a CC&R area. Most neighbors don't look up, but there are one or two who might blow the whistle if they even catch a glimpse of anything out of the ordinary.

  The east side of the house is about 200' from the street, but any antenna up higher than a 25' avocado tree is flirting with danger. I understand that the Falcon can be painted; this is great news and may be necessary, in my case.

  Any help, suggestions or recommendations will be most gratefully received.

  Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

  Alan...KI6HPO