[TowerTalk] Six Meter Beam Question

Michael Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 8 15:17:06 EST 2008

I have a friend locally who was given a broken KT34XA.   He is using the
long boom to make a 9 ele 6 meter beam.  The boom is 3" and the elements are
of 1" aluminum from some of the original elements.  The elements are
insulated from the boom on this affair which is a 35ft +/- boom.  He has no
luck in getting the antenna to tune "in the range" .  I would guess that the
larger ( one inch ) elements and the insulated from the boom elements are
the problem.  Any ideas???  Thanks..   - Mike