[TowerTalk] Now which Coax was that? -- Useful Tool

Wes Cosand wes.cosand at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:56:45 EST 2008

Today as I was trying to diagnose a problem with a array of verticals, I was
struck by how much time I saved with a a new tool.  It is the GB Instruments
"LAN Tracker" (from Home Depot).  It is a multi-purpose wire tracer with a
small transmitter with a number of different plugs and a small receiver for
detecting the signal.  Today I was clipping the transmitter to the elements
and then easily identifying which coax in the conduit went to which element.

I am certain professional electricians use these tools every day but I have
been surprised how inexpensive and useful this proved to be.

Wes, WZ7I