[TowerTalk] [rdxa] K2NNY Damage

k2dh at frontiernet.net k2dh at frontiernet.net
Thu Jan 10 14:31:49 EST 2008

Paul-
Sorry to hear about your damage.  I hope no one else suffered any
serious damage from the winds, but I can say I did.  The lead screw on
the elevation drive on my 16' dish broke in the wind and the dish
crashed down on the mount and it looks like I won't ba able to fix it
till spring- it will require the use of a crane to lift the dish back
up once repair hardware is obtained and a method of attaching it is
determined.  So far, it appears that there was no other damage to the
feed, feed support, or reflector and as far as I know, the azimuth
drive still functions (I haven't tested it, but it's indicating that
all is okay).  for now, the dish is secured to the mount with a 'come
along" to keep it from lifting in any more winds we might get until
it's fixed.
Dave K2DH