[TowerTalk] K2NNY Damage Update

Paul Mackanos - K2DB k2db at k2db.org
Fri Jan 11 11:51:21 EST 2008

I am there now, and when the sleet/rain stops, I will go out and access the
damage. Looks like I lost the 75 meter sloper; a set of guy wires and the
phone line at this point. Much LESS damage that I expected.

The electrical wires are really stretched out; I don't know why they didn't
snap. I will make a trip to the electrical supplier and get a new service
entrance cable and have it ready to go. National Grid says they will be here
over the week-end. So, if you hear me in NAQP CW test this week-end and I
suddenly go off the air, it's because they are fixing the electrical wires.

If anyone wants a picture, e-mail me and I will send one out when the rain
stops and I can get a picture.

Paul K2DB @ K2NNY