[TowerTalk] Maine Contest Site For Sale

Eric Hilding b38 at hilding.com
Sun Jan 13 11:38:33 EST 2008

Dave, WA3GIN, suggested:

> You may want to spend a winter in Maine before you end your sabbatical ;-)

As a part of my eventual Exit-California strategy, I had started looking at
property in SE Alaska which would also yield more KL8C contesting fun and
get me out of the rat race here into the beautiful Last Frontier.  I think I
viewed too many Summertime photos.

It wasn't fully Winter during my last two trips there, so in subsequently
checking WX conditions on the NOAA site during the last 2 months, umh, ahh,
I don't think I'm quite ready to give up the more moderate (except for the
recent major storm) SF Bay Area winter climate yet for constant rain, high
winds, snow or any QTH that even comes near to those condx :-)

It sure felt good to see a clear blue sky and feel the sunshine here again
yesterday with my sunroof open as I drove into town for grocery shopping
needs.  It felt *real* good.

73...

Rick, K6VVA