[TowerTalk] Ferrite or choke baluns?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 11:54:42 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/18/2008 6:29:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Yes, first it was Mosley bashing, then MFJ bashing, and now  RS bashing.
Who is next?  Is anyone immune from 9YC bashing?  I  have always advised
staying away from negative people as they tend to pull  you down with
them.

    Whoa, hold on there, partner. TT is not a  bash-the-dealer/manufacturer
reflector but it is generally enlightening to  find out about what the
behind-the-scenes story is regarding availability,  pricing, suitability, customer
service, performance, etc.

    In the instance of Mosley, they make mostly  crappy antennas. (See the
N0AX and K7LXC tribander comparison report for more  info.) MFJ is still trying
to get rid of their old quality image - Mighty  Fine Junk - and I think
they're doing pretty well at it.

    Hams are typically a bunch of cheap guys always  chasing a lower price. I
don't know if it's genetic or what but it's endemic  problem in the hobby for
anyone trying to sell something in this marketplace.  If this is your modus
operandi I suggest you vote with your dollars. For me, I  don't mind spending a
little bit more to get a little bit more (service,  attitude, delivery,
etc.).

    Let's face it. Most topics on TT have to do with  spending money on
something so the discussions are usually germane.

    And if you know more about the topics that 9YC is  discussing, let's hear
about it. There are a bunch of real clever, smart  individuals here on TT and
they're what gives TT the depth of knowledge and  insight that we're all
interested in.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH and