[TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 17:03:20 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/22/2008 2:53:29 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
xdavid at cis-broadband.com writes:

Three  inches out of 100 feet also requires an accuracy of 0.3 inches for
a plumb  bob string hung from a 10 foot section of tower.

Three inches out of  100 feet calculates out to be a total angle of 0.14
degrees.  By that  criteria, the 0.1 degree resolution of the digital
angle gauge I used  doesn't seem like that much overkill.    I guess I'm
just one of  the particular ones  ...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee141/xazdave/HD-70_Tower_Leg_Angle_89r1Deg
rees.jpg

73,
Dave    AB7E

Dave;

Steve was quoting EIA/TIA-222 as it pertains to guyed towers  (deviation from
true vertical no more than 1 part in 400 or 3" in 100'). For  self supporting
towers, like yours, the spec calls for max deviation to be no  more than 1
part in 250, or roughly 4.8"in 100 ft, i.e. 3.36" for your 70 foot  AN Wireless
tower. ;-)

73, Bob  K8IA