[TowerTalk] Another radial question

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Tue Jan 29 21:22:24 EST 2008

Howdy TT'ians

Where I work I am privy to lots and lots of used 30-40 foot power cords from
defunct equipment.  Most of them are 2-wire with some 3-wire cords thrown
in.  These would make great wire for radials.

I was wondering, If I leave the 2 (or 3) wires inside the jacket, twist one
end, hook it to the coax shield, and leave the other end open, will this
look like 2 radials or just 1 thick wire.  Some of the wires are twisted
inside the insulation.  Seems like the twisted wires would be a 'gimmick'
capacitor.

It would save a lot of stripping to have to get the outside jacket off to
get to the 2 wires inside.  73
Tom W7WHY