[TowerTalk] House bracket insulator for noise

Its from Onion aredandgold at msn.com
Sat Jul 5 21:46:54 EDT 2008

Here's one for you guys.  I'm putting up a Rohn 25 at the house.
Attaching at 28 feet up with a bracket and another few sections
to top out at 60 feet.

Would there be a advantage to using a thick (1 to 1.5 inch) piece
of rubber to separate the house from the bracket?
Reinforced, hard rubber like several layers of fire hose.
My concern of course is noise.

I would be using bolts and washers for the connection and
bonding at least 4 rafters together with 2x4's and 2x8's.

Also thought about neoprene washers like what is used in
4X4 truck bodies.

Has anyone had experience CORRECTING a noise problem?

I will spin a Mosley CL-36 with a Yaesu 450. The rotor is a tad bit
under rated but wont be moving it much.  Yaesu says 10
and Mosley is a 11 for wind load.
Also K factor is 100 for rotor / 120 for antenna.
Again, not going to be spinning this thing like a top.

A opinions welcomed.

Thanks and 73

Lee
KE4VYN