[TowerTalk] Aluminum tarnish removal

James C. Hall, MD heartdoc at nwtcc.com
Sun Jul 6 16:16:05 EDT 2008

Hi All:

I noticed this past FD that my F12 C3S had a bit of tarnish that was causing
some resistance when trying to nest the tubes after the event. I know I
probably should have been doing this all along, but what is the consensus on
aluminum oxidation and tarnish removal ? I've tried Scotchbrite pads,
Brasso, and Maaso metal polish. The Brasso works the best but really takes
some elbow grease. I worked for a few hours today and got a couple of
elements looking reasonable but with a few residual tarnish spots. I was
beat after that !

There's got to be a better way. I have some Tarn-X, but it says not to use
it on aluminum.

Thanks,

Jamie

WB4YDL