[TowerTalk] C3 value?

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Tue Jul 15 05:24:00 EDT 2008

I would basically agree with Phil on this.  I have had two C3s up.  One was
a regular C3 and the other is a C3E - up currently. With a number of years
of experience with the C3 I would highly recommend it. But...my 80 Meter
sloper runs rings around it on the WARC bands. Don't count on it for the
WARC bands.  The C3 is a two element antenna for 15-20 and three elements on
10; the E version has another 10 meter element. It is very light and easy to
rotate. The LPDA is going to be much bigger and heavier but does work the
some of the WARC bands.

It depends on what you want. The last I looked, the Force 12 C3 was selling
for around $700, maybe more now. You might get $300 from a generous soul if
you were to sell it.

Bill W5VX