[TowerTalk] ANTENNA ANALYZER?

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sun Jun 1 07:34:39 EDT 2008

Ronnie,

A couple of considerations which might tip the balance one way or the other:
1) Do you want VHF coverage? The ZM30 doesn't go above 30MHz.
2) Do you want to do measurements at the top of your tower? The Aim 4170
needs an accompanying PC

I have a ZM30 and an MFJ and  I use both. I find the analogue meters on
the MFJ useful sometimes, and I hate that the ZM30 always comes back
to10MHz when it's been switched off. On the other hand the ZM30 is more
rugged and I love that it's synthesised - I find myself using it as a
signal source in the "shop" because it's stable and its output is almost
flat across all HF bands.

No experience of the Aim 4170, but it looks like a nice piece of kit if
you are happy having to put a PC alongside it.

73,
Steve G3TXQ