[TowerTalk] Faraday Cage

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sun Jun 1 16:47:14 EDT 2008

Just a cautionary note here.  Somehow I assumed you were talking about
ambient RF shielding, but if you are talking about lightning protection,
my guess is that the greatest jeopardy from a strike comes from
conducted energy via coax and control lines rather than radiated
energy.  It is really difficult to bypass those lines to ground (and
still have them function) to the same degree that you can shield for
radiation.  A hard short to the cage at the entry point would
theoretically work, of course.

73,
Dave   AB7E