[TowerTalk] Shortening an M2 6M5-X

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 21:35:56 EDT 2008

Tower Talkians:
  Our club is preparing for Field Day. I have a 6M5-X ( 6 meter, 5 elements on an 18 ft boom). It is a bit too much for our 20 to 30 foot mast so I am considering taking off the last boom section with the shortest director which would make it a four element beam on a 12 foot boom. This is very easy since the boom comes in four sections. No changes in element spacing or length would be done.

  Will we still have a reasonable amount of gain, directivity and F/B if we do this?

  73, Dennis W0JX/8