[TowerTalk] Positioning A LM-70 Crank-Up

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Sun Jun 8 09:31:32 EDT 2008

I have done it with a forklift truck, the boom and crane from a brick
delivery truck and the crane from a rigger's truck.  (It probably can
also be done with a conventional tow truck, but I've never tried it.)
In those cases, you just lay the tower inside the cradle of the base in
its normal position, align the bolt holes in the tower's mounting ears
with those on the base and insert the bolts.  You don't have to use the
erection procedure that's shown in the manual in which the tower is
pulled vertical form the rear side of the base.

73, Joe
K2XX