[TowerTalk] First Tower

Tom Martin tmartin at chartermi.net
Mon Jun 9 08:52:38 EDT 2008

I had a Hornet beam on a 30' piece of pipe for my first beam/tower combo in 1959.  In those days, living in the north woods  of Wisconsin, without the help of any locals and a Internet reflector, I made do with what I had available to me.  I didn't have a rotor or SWR meter.  I just worked a lot of DX with the Viking Valiant.  It wasn't until 1970 that I had a real tower.  Rohn 40G at 40 feet attached to the garage with a TA33 opened a whole new world to me.  Now, after losing my 72' tower to the wind a few weeks ago, I wish I had that piece of pipe at 30'!

Good luck and be safe.

Tom W8JWN

It has removed 2672 spam emails to date.