[TowerTalk] New project

Dino Darling dino at k6rix.com
Mon Jun 9 13:54:24 EDT 2008

See below...

Dino - K6RIX
dino at k6rix.com

-------- Original Message --------

>>Questions;
>>1. Should I attach to house or guy?

Attach to house!

>>2. What is un-guyed height for 25?

I thought I read, 40'.  It would depend on the base.  If you surface
mount it on top of the driveway, 0' would be your answer.

>>3. Base plate Hilti bolted into driveway or cut driveway and dig hole.

If you bolt it to the house, HILTI!  If you want to free stand it; cut
concrete, dig hole, get base section, pay for concrete and rebar, etc
etc etc.

>>4. Don't want 2 inch copper strap running across driveway. Alternate ground ideas please.

Drill slab and sink 3 5/8 x 10' ground rods close to the tower base.