[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD

Don Tucker w7wll at arrl.net
Wed Jun 11 20:58:37 EDT 2008

Two questions (one prefaced by a comment).

1. Is there an easy way to get to the rotator when this tower is cranked
down (short of winching just the inner section up)?

2. I cannot find a Hy-Gain ginpole (raising/lowering fixture) for sale
anywhere and know there is another way someone has found to easily do a
tilt-over and raise.  I am constricted in space where the fixture would
ordinarily sit.  A steel tube with a winch and pulley and back stay (did
this with a Triex WT-51 long ago but much much less weight)?  What size, how
high above ground (and in concrete) and any construction details would be
very helpful?

Don W7WLL