[TowerTalk] Why is the 25GSSB Base Plate Difficult to Find?

Jeff Stevens jeff at mossycup.com
Sat Jun 14 21:34:56 EDT 2008

I'm looking to put up a 28' bracketed Rohn 25 tower for some VHF/UHF
antennas.  There is definitely an ample supply of used tower sections,
house brackets, top sections, etc. in good to excellent condition.  So
far, however, I haven't found anyone willing to part with a base plate.

Looking online for the 25GSSB self supporting base plate I've found they
are not easily purchased new either.  Why is this?  Neither tessco nor
Texas Towers sells them.  Both the BPC25G pinned base plate and BPH25G
tilt over base plate are readily available.  Does anybody know why the
25GSSB is so difficult to find new?

-Jeff
KE7FRJ