[TowerTalk] Vert. 1/2 wave dipole vs Hori. 1/2 wave dipole?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Jun 15 14:37:50 EDT 2008

You misunderstood what I said.

I said a HALF WAVE vertical fed from the bottom is essentially
the same as a half wave vertical dipole fed in the center.

I wasn't talking about ground mounted quarter wave verticals.

However, now that you brought it up, I have also compared
a quarter wave 20M vertical with 32 radials against a
half wave 20M vertical with no radials.  Can't tell the difference
on the air. (Both ground mounted).

Rick N6RK