[TowerTalk] Repairing 25G in situ

butwheat butwheat73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 21:24:30 EDT 2008

The bottom two sections of one of my 25G towers has elongated the bolt holes
to the extent that timberrrrrr is at risk.

I'm tempted to have a local shop cut a steel tube  whose ID matches the OD
of the legs lengthwise so I can strap it and bolt it to the existing loose
joints on the outside to keep the ol' buger up.

Thoughts? There's nothing up there but some small V/UHF beams, a discone on
a sidearm, an inverted vee HF wire offa the other end of the side arm, and a
small rotor.

Oh, it's about 50' AGL.

adTHANKSvance,

Mark