[TowerTalk] G5RV vs. 2 element yagi

KI9A at aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 15:50:28 EDT 2008

John,

I have a G5RV at 45', and a Cushcraft A3 tribander ( 3 ele) at 25'. I can
tell you for DX, the G5RV works as well, if not better at times, than the low
tribander.  Stateside stuff, the tribander seems better to both coasts, and
anything in between.

That's on 20 meters.

On 15 & 10 meters, the tribander wins hands down, domestic or DX.

Put both up.  I use the bejeebies out of my antenna switch between the  two!

73- Chuck KI9A

In a message dated 6/21/2008 2:41:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,