[TowerTalk] Fw: Re: Removing a Rotator

ac9s at mchsi.com ac9s at mchsi.com
Sat Jun 21 23:03:24 EDT 2008

I am a little behind on my email, so please excuse the late response to this
thread.  I have always left a little room - 1/2 to 1 inch between the rotator
and the bottom of the mast.  Obviously I suspend the mast by a thrust bearing
at the top of the tower.  This facilitates rotator swapping - I just unbolt
the old rotator, tip it out the side of the tower, and swap in a new one.  I
have had lots of experience with HamIVs over the last few years and just this
week completed a Yaesu 2800 swap - hopefully this will be completely overbore.

Anyway, the question - Since no one mentioned this ( leaving room between the
mast and the rotator) have I been engaging in a poor practice?

Thanks --

Keith
AC9S