[TowerTalk] Delta Loop compared to Dipole (actualexperience)(Richards)

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 16:23:21 EDT 2008

Actually, if I had limited space or, as in my case, only allowed to put up
one antenna(XYL), I would make a homebrew Hygain Hytower with at least 60
radials under it.  The vertical will work on 20, 40, 75 without any hassles
and is loud for both DX and ragchewing.  I have been using mine for 4 years
now and with just 1KW I can work anyone I can hear.  Example: yesterday I
worked the Brunei station on 14.175 on the second call.  He was 43 and I got
a 56 from him while most SE guys were getting 55.  Go figure.  BTW, I am
putting up a tower and yagi this summer and my HB Hytower will be for sale
FWIW.

Bob W6TR