[TowerTalk] tilt over Rohn 25

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 19:05:11 EDT 2008

The old Rohn 25 fold over kits allowed about 45 feet of Rohn 25 to be  folded
over the base of around  20 feet for a total height of around 68  feet.
However, that was with a rigid heavy spine of about 13 feet on the  upper 45 and a
small tribander and rotor.  Rohn 25 is not meant to be  unguyed at 70 feet of
height.

I would be very uncomfortable hauling up 70 feet of Rohn 25 with two 5
element 15 meter beams, a rotor and mast. It may be able to be done, I  wouldn't
attempt it though.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS