[TowerTalk] Delta Loop compared to Dipole (actual experience) (Richards)

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 22:23:26 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/25/2008 11:53:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I know this reflector
is about towers, but I fear  if I install a big tower, it will hold a a
beam for 20 m and  up, and I will still have the same conundrum as to
what  to do on the low bands.  What do guys with towers and small
backyards  do to play on the low bands?

        And the downside is...?  Put up a tower - any tower. The higher the
better. Then put up a wire antenna  (or two). See how it plays. Try another
wire antenna. See how it plays. A loop  sounds good. Try the K3LR pulled back
sloping dipole.

       Most people have gotten their  perspective from this very process. And
any antenna in the air is better than no  antenna.

        Real success (particularly on  the lowbands) comes from having a
choice of antennas. At any time, one will  play better than the other.

        And have fun out  there.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC