[TowerTalk] 40m beam on 80ft tower

Roger Cooke g3ldi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 14:04:59 EDT 2008

Hi.

   Not sure if this is the right reflector for this, but I will ask anyway!
I am planning to put up a Cushcraft 402CD on an 80ft fixed tower. I have two problems. The tower is one support structure for my rhombic and is about 400ft from the house. I could use coax to feed it, but would have to join about halfway, plus might have to support it. I also toyed with the idea of using 600 ohm open wire feeders between towers ( my main tower is near the house ) with baluns at each end, and coax to the beam plus coax to the house. I would just like to get a few opinions and suggestions before deciding!
  A catenary wire to support either the coax or the open wire line would be a long one and would be difficult to tension.

  All suggestions etc gratefully received. I am off to Friedrichshaven tomorrow but will be back early next week.    Thanks in advance and apologies if this is the wrong reflector. Point me in the right direction please!

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.