[TowerTalk] Loop vs Dipole...I'm original "asker"

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Jun 26 17:23:52 EDT 2008

Good aphorisms.   Thanks for the post.

I have four antennas now...  A 40 meter dipole... a 20 m dipole...
an AlphaDelta DX-B Sloper ... and Alpha Delta DX-EE 40-10 meter
fan dipole.

My conundrum is what antenna should I try next that would get me
out better.   110 ft x 60 ft backyard with few or no trees to hang wire
from (one possibility in one far corner of the yard, but not a real
good one to use.)    Goal is to rag chew and do occasional foreign
type DX - I want to get WAS on 160, 80 and 40 meters for sure.

You tell me to put up an antenna... but you do not say WHAT antenna
would be better than what I have now.   What is NEXT?  and how do
I compare the various options against the others?  A tower will get me
on 20 and higher - maybe 40 - but what to do to work 80 and 160?

AND I AM TIRED OF NOT GETTING HEARD WHEN I CAN HEAR
THEM.

What would YOU do next if you had my goals?   Cheers!!!

Gene marJHR wrote:

> o    The difference between theory and practice in theory is less than the difference between theory and practice in practice.
  o    Caveat Amateur.