[TowerTalk] US Towers MA-550 and ladders

Michael Fox (K5MEF) k5mef at mefox.org
Fri Jun 27 17:15:01 EDT 2008

I'm considering a US Towers MA-550 tubular crank up.  Plan to put a Steppir
3 el on top.  Problem is, I don't have room in the back yard to lean over
the tower with the antenna on top.

So, question is, is it o.k. to lean an extension ladder up against the tower
(assuming a suitable safety device at the top of the ladder to keep it from
slipping to the side) in order to attach or work on the antenna/mast?  Tower
would be in the fully cranked down state, of course.

I'd just hate to have to get a cherry picker every time I need to check
something up there.

Thanks,
Michael K5MEF