[TowerTalk] Disassembling Telrex Booms

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 14:44:04 EST 2008

I just acquired a couple of Telrex yagis that I am not able to take the
booms apart.  They have probably been assembled for many years and I don't
know whether they were assembled with Pentrox.  I am looking for tips on
getting them apart without destroying them.  WD40 doesn't work.  I have some
PB Blaster penetrating spray that I plan to try tomorrow(when I pick them up
from the current owner).  Anyone have experience with this problem?  As a
last resort I could cut them apart at the joints and put sleeves in upon
reassembling them.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Bob Maser  W6TR
Valrico FL