[TowerTalk] Help with 160_80 sloper

Robert G. Strickland rcrgs at verizon.net
Wed Mar 5 21:35:24 EST 2008

I'd like to correspond with anyone who has some experience with slopers for
160/80m in urban, sub-standard situations. Please email off list. I'll post
a summary message when the thread runs dry.

Setup:
urban corner lot with virtually no opportunity for a meaningful ground system
60ft tower, running up side of two story wood frame house, 30ft in the clear
80ft, longest diagonal run from top of tower to anchoring point at corner
of lot
SkyHawk tribander on top of tower

Goal:
trying to get some low band Q's and multipliers during contests
don't expect the world, just a little more than nothing <g>
willing to sacrifice 160m if that means a better 80m installation

Thanks to one and all.

...robert

Robert G. Strickland PhD ABPH - KE2WY
rcrgs at verizon.net.usa