[TowerTalk] Wireman Balun kits

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Mar 5 23:41:17 EST 2008

n8de at thepoint.net wrote:
> Roger,
> I've had good success using the double-core balun kit Wireman sells.
> Not sure why you'd have 3:1 to 4:1 SWR for a well-designed antenna, though.

Dipole cut for 3.6 used across the entire 75/80 meter band.  Feed point
at resonance is showing 50 ohms J+1.  That goes up in a hurry toward the
top end of the band.  OTOH I rarely operate above 3.850 let alone
3.900.  I just want a safety factor built in.  However there is the
occasional Hallicrafters net up around 3.995 I'd like to check in. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)