[TowerTalk] Looking to put up some antennas in Bahamas out Islands.Which antennas hold up to salt air better?

KZ4USA videorov at verizon.net
Sat Mar 8 03:58:21 EST 2008

Optibeam looks to be made with good solid connections. What other beams to look for Island use?
Any ideas out there? SteppIR maybe but not sure about that. I want to cover 10 thru 20 and then anohter beam for 40 maybe 4El
then a 2El for 80. I guess optibeam makes beams for all of this maybe a 10 thru 40 on same boom, don't know. Will have to see
what they have. A log might be some thing too like Tennadyne with a long boom.
Just checking things out what is out there that would hold up in the island salt air.
That brings up another thing Towers used in the islands. Wonder how crankups would hold up, cables etc. maybe better with some 65G and go up
just around 60ft for freestanding and maybe one set of guys. If I don't go to high I can run a antenna lift up and down it after I disconnect the one set of guys. I think 65G will freestand with no problem at 60ft. I don't have to be high since I will be right on the water of the Atlantic.
The 65G stuff is some tuff stuff. Im just thinking this stuff out.
http://www.hamradioclassifieds.com
List Your Equipment with Pictures.
Jack
Bradenton, Florida