[TowerTalk] USTower HDX Tilt-over Fully Retracted vs Partially Extended

Gary Saboe gerald at saboe.net
Sat Mar 8 20:18:07 EST 2008

Greetings-

I need to work on the rotator shelf in my USTower HDX-772. I've been told
SOP is to have tower completely retracted, use UST lowering device to
tilt-over tower to near horizontal onto support stands, and then extend to
expose the rotator section in the top section. Should Prelube 6 or another
type lubricant be used on the load-bearing tower steel tubing to help reduce
friction when extending/retracking the tower while horizontal? Seems an
unfortuate amount of galling of load bearing galvanized steel tubing will
occur with this process.

Thanks

Gary, NØGS