[TowerTalk] Planning New Tower

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 16 19:14:54 EDT 2008

I am starting the planning phase of my tower. I am thinking of installing a Texas Towers HDX-589MDPL crank up tower. I would like to put a MonstIR beam on it. I am concerned with the windloading - fully extended I don't think that I have enough safety margin - I believe that the Steppir has a windload of around 30sq feet.

Can I guy this tower at the top to get a better wind loading or should I leave it at say 50 of 60 feet most of the time? Does anyone know how the max windloading figure increases as the tower is nested?

What would be the recommended rotor for a beam of this mass - I want the installation to hold up in our rough summer storms. I am located in North Carolina

thanks  Mark N1UK G3ZZM