[TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000SDX control box problem

JPhillipp jphillipp at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 19:29:13 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I have a Yaesu G-1000SDX rotator. Today the direction indicator pointer on
the control box stopped turning. The rotator itself continues to rotate as
usual.

I opened the box to check the belt from the indicator motor to the gear
train. It is intact. I tried turning the gears with a screwdriver (I read
in Towertalk years ago that sometimes the motor commutator gets gummed up
and rotating it by hand can free it for a while) but that didn't help.

Could the problem be with the indicator potentiometer in the rotator? How
can I test that?

Any other ideas? Does anyone know a repair shop that can fix Yaesu control
boxes?

Any help appreciated. I'm not dead in the water, but it's sure hard to steer.

John
N6ZAE