[TowerTalk] several questions

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Mar 18 16:54:58 EDT 2008

Dino Darling wrote:
> To take them APART, the tower jack...
> http://towerjack.com/

I much prefer a scissors jack with 2X4 or 2X6s top  and bottom.  They
give an equal thrust so the tower sections come apart straight and with
less stress.  True the jack isn't quite as versatile as the tower jack,
but fastening the 2 X 6s to the scissors jack makes it easy to use and
it works better on those really stubborn sections.

BTW I've seen ham using variations of what is now the tower jack for
many years so it's an idea that's been around a long time.

Roger (K8RI)