[TowerTalk] Basic safety for a newby?

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Mar 21 22:56:28 EDT 2008

David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

I learned climbing in another time and another life as a teenager
working on telephone lines.
You haven't lived until you've hugged an old wooden pole with the
splinters all pointing the wrong way. <:-))

First, to even think about it you need to be in very good shape. Then
you need to know what you are doing, know enough to know what you need,
get the proper training, and don't work alone.

Until you can satisfy all those requirements I'd follow David's advise.

BTW "I HATE WORKING IN ELEVATOR SHAFTS" with a passion.
When I worked in industry, if I knew there was an elevator job coming
up, I tried to be elsewhere when the made up a crew.  I was small enough
I got the "tight" jobs and I'm a tad claustrophobic.  But...even the
elevators weren't as tight as PMing the substations.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)