[TowerTalk] Pole steps

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 02:36:01 EDT 2008

Hello Gordon,

Yes, it was/is special.  If you or others want to visit, go to the N6IJ website, and contact the BOD, to let them
know of your wishes to visit or operate, or join, and they can help you with that, always with encouragement to Join.
The site is vastly undertilized IMHO.

 Most of the Poles had a (some more than a single )  bare single strand copper,  about #8 guage stapled and run  from an 8" stinger above  the top of the pole, to a deep ground rod at the base, and in some instances a pretty good network of ground runners radiating from the pole bases, just subsurface, and tied to ground rods periodically.

We had some Ft. Ord heavy, galvanized steel  pole hardware clamps  that were used to secure antenna rotors and sometimes directly secured antennas,  that I assume were bonded to the existing ground wires at the  pole top.

The Big boom homebrew 4 element  20 meter beam (in the website pictures and on the map) at the top of the hill at 62 ft is fixed to Europe, and plays REALLY well, now for some 11 years.)

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org