[TowerTalk] 1/4 wave spacing on 2 el beam

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Fri May 2 17:34:17 EDT 2008

Hi all

I built a couple of 2 el beams, one for 20 and one for 10.

I just split the driven element, fed them directly with 50 ohm coax. and
spaced the reflector at a 1/4 wave.  It seems to be a good match on both
antennas and the SWR is very low.

I don't have any modeling software here, so what does it say about an
antenna like that?  I know the best gain is with a director a lot closer,
but this way I don't need to mess with a gamma or any other kind of match.
I like the KISS method of doing things.  73
Tom W7WHY