[TowerTalk] Orion mast clamp

Dino Darling dino at k6rix.com
Tue May 6 12:08:08 EDT 2008

Kurt showed me and M2 a new mast clamp for the Orion at the DX
Convention.  Having just installed one of his prop-pitch rotors in a
new tower, I can tell you that this clamp is awesome.

See here for the prop-pitch installation (this project is still on going)...
http://www.k6rix.com/k6cf.html

Here are pictures of the K7NV mast clamp...
http://www.k7nv.com/proppitch/id43.htm

Here is some discussion on the Orion and the prop-pitch clamp...
http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2007-04/msg00508.html

> >  You are saying not to use the mast clamp that comes with
> the  2800 factory?
>
>     Yep. There was a discussion of the problems on  Kurt, K7NV's'
> website but
>I couldn't find it. Maybe someone else has a  url for it.

Dino - K6RIX
dino at k6rix.com