[TowerTalk] Alpha Delta DX-A Twin Sloper

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Tue May 6 23:00:22 EDT 2008

You have two responses so far, one from either camp, and you can believe
both of them.  This antenna is very unpredictable, it works fine for
some and lousy for others depending on the exact configuration of the
tower.  The only way to figure out how yours will work is put it up and
try it, or analyze the entire system including the tower and everything
connected to it, or around it, with NEC.

It's difficult to say how much it will effect the performance of your
beams.  The same can be said for any wires off the tower under the
beams.  Since you are actually feeding the tower as a vertical, there
have been a few (but very rare) cases of burning up the balun of the
beam on the top when using high power.  It can happen when the beam is
large (and usually only one or two elements) and the balun has just the
right impedance on the lower bands (where it is not designed to operate,
most likely 160 meters).

One element beam ... hmm

Jerry, K4SAV