[TowerTalk] Tim Duffy's W0IYH Balun-Choke Article (8/2003)

Bill Winkis kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Wed May 14 14:53:49 EDT 2008

Just finished reading Tim Duffy's article on comparing the balun (100 Amidon beads on a length of Teflon double shielded silver coax ), versus a standard W2DU type.

Is this still the way to go for a 1:1 choke balun, I will be using it on a HF log-Periodic and will fasten it to the bottom boom which is grounded. The one I have on there now is a 24 bead unit , and I guess it was OK...and I don't want a "Collins Loop" (takes too much of a beating hanging off the front of the double boom.....

 Do we have a better "Mouse Trap in 2008"??

Thanks,

-Bill
kc4pe at bellsouth.net