[TowerTalk] Plug for back of Yaesu Rotor Contol box

Artmouton k5fnq at cox.net
Tue May 20 18:39:59 EDT 2008

Help - I need info on the male plug (which will be soldered to the rotor
control cable) for the back of the Yaesu G1000 SDX rotor control box.

I tried Yeasu - Vertex and they are so incompetent to not only sell me the
wrong plug (which is not worth the shipping to send back for a refund), they
now tell me that they do not stock the plug and tell me it is a Jones plug
available at Mouser..

Well looking at the back of the box and the plug it is not the same as the
"jones" plugs sold by Mouser (whose employees were nice, knowledgeable and
really went out of their way to try and get me the correct plug - all of the
for a $5 item - they are on my good list).  Their "jones" plugs are 6 blades
all horizontal to the axis of the long side of the plug

The one on the back of the box has four with similar blades and at the end,
two with some weird female parts.  Not really vertical, almost "x's"

I figure that this is to prevent a backwards plug in - keyed to prevent
sending voltage down the wrong control line.

If anyone out there has this rotor can you please send me a photo of the
male plug so I can try and find one.
Or if anyone has the correct nomenclature for the plug or a source that
would be really appreciated.

I have the parts for the A3 repair on order and need this plug badly.
73 Art K5FNQ

Art Mouton

"[S]o long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who
wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will
devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and
otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping
men." --Voltaire