[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue May 20 18:32:43 EDT 2008

Jim Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 04:09:09 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:
>

>> I stand by the premise that were there not a market
>> for the cheap stuff few of this type of vendor would exist.  It's
>> unfortunate, but a large number exist who want to pay as little as
>> possible for "something good enough to work"
>>

> I believe that those who buy JUNK parts are doing so out of ignorance,
> not intentionally.
Some do and some don't. <:-))  We have both types in our club.
>  I was inactive on HF from the mid-80's up to 2003.
> When I got back on the air and began acquiring radios, I bought a
> bunch of connectors to mate with the various accessory jacks on the
> back of my radios. I found the DINS at RF Connection, and bought
> something like a half dozen of each. When I tried to use them a year
> or so later, I found them to be junk.
Even those of us who have been around a long time have had *more* than a
few "learning experiences"<:-))
>  When I called to complain, I was
> told that hams only buy cheap and that they had no intention of
> selling anything different.

I've always found them to be very helpful when I tell them what I want.
If they don't have the quality in the item I want they know I'll go
elsewhere for it, which is expected.

73

Roger (K8RI)