[TowerTalk] CDE Ham series of rotor questions

Marc Tessier - VE3TES ve3tes at cogeco.ca
Thu May 22 23:01:58 EDT 2008

Hello I am looking for some info if possible, I am building a rotor control box for a light duty rotor I have here , and I am basing my design on a Ham 2 Series of Rotor made By CDE. The questions I have are as follows...

Question #1 What is the full scale defection rating of the meter in a CDE rotor control box, I.E. 100micro amps

              #2 Does anyone know what the output voltage is for the meter transformer as show in schematics found in the manual? There is no indication of secondary voltages
                   shown in  the schematic.

The rotor I am using already has a 500 ohm feedback variable resistor inside it, and I plan to use a circuit similar to that of the Ham 2 series of rotors so I can have a meter indicator as opposed to 2 silly LEDs that it had before in the original controller...So its vital for me to find out the answers to my 2 questions above so I can complete my design, I am able to rotate the rotor with the switches I have incorporated into the control, now I just need to know where it is pointed ... Hi Hi !!!

Looking forward to any replies I may get both on and or off the reflector...

Regards,

Marc Tessier - VE3TES
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3tes
http://www.eqsl.cc/Member.cfm?VE3TES